This solid-state tissue phantom is easy and simple to use by simply clamping it to an instrument and initiating an OCT test. The OCT Model Eye is provided and stored in a wooden case with instructions, an attachment rod for mounting on an ophthalmic instrument chin rest, and a mounting clamp.
OCT instruments provide the eye care professional with high-resolution images of the different layers of the macula, providing a crucial tool in detecting and managing a wide range of retinal diseases. OCT assists in monitoring responses to treatment and aids in decision making regarding short- and long-term treatment.
- Eliminates the need to use staff members or patients to check, practice, and use OCT equipment by producing a standard test result based on a normal macula providing a stabile, long-term benchmark for OCT instruments.
- Ideal for system demonstrations and tests; staff education, instruction, and practice; OCT instrument research and development; and as a standard for multi-instrument DME trials at several sites. Eye care OCT technicians and operators benefit and obtain better results through practice; by eliminating the need for a human subject, the OCT Model Eye improves and expedites OCT practice.
- Features a realistic, six-layer retina 300um thick, 4.8mm in diameter; a 120um deep foveal pit; photoreceptor inner segment (IS)/outer segment (OS)/retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) layer with choroidal transition. It is fluid free and easy to image with a large 12.6mm cornea and 8mm diameter pupil and is 23.5mm in axial length. Images using the OCT Model Eye exhibit clear layer structure, foveal pit, and IS/OS/RPE layer.
- Technicians can gain and maintain the skill set to produce quality images and practitioners can practice their measurement and analysis skills. Studies show that well-trained ophthalmic technicians produce better, consistant measurements.
- Helps in assisting equipment developers and manufacturers create and improve equipment without requiring extensive human subjects.
- Advances the development and calibration of automatic layer segmentation software due to its known retinal layer dimensions. To read a press release on this product click here.